Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Clarity of Night's "Silhouette" Short Fiction Contest


Jason Evans, proprietor of The Clarity of Night writing blog, is hosting his twelfth-annual flash fiction contest. The rules are simple enough: Write a 250-word short short or poem inspired by the above picture and send it to jevanswriter [at] yahoo [dot] com before 11:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, January 13th. For further details and formatting instructions, go
here.

(Picture: Copyright 2009 by Jason Evans; used by permission)

2 comments:

ollwen said...

I just finished reading Susanna Clark's Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell and that very image was a very significant one in the story. The raven in flight. Have you read that one?

Loren Eaton said...

I haven't read Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, but it looks interesting! Suppose I should add it to my reading list. I know it made the Top Ten of the Decade of some guy who write for Time.