Thursday, July 28, 2011

!

Wow. This is ... very nice -- and unexpected! My story "Golem" has taken second place and tied for the Readers' Choice Award at for the Clarity of Night's "Elemental" Short Fiction Contest. My, what an embarrassment of riches!

Those of you who have participated in Jason Evans' various contests know he's been doing them for a long time. But you may not know that "Elemental" is his fourteenth such contest, and reaching a number that high requires a serious commitment to the online writing community. Catherine Vibert of Catvibe Creative has created a special blog to thank Jason for all his effort year after year. If you've participated or enjoyed reading the entries, why not stop by and tell him so?

(Picture: CC 2007 by Kapungo)

9 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Aww, congratulations! That is a great honor! I participated last year, but didn't place, and this year I was out of town during all of that so there was no way I even had time. Congrats!

Phil W said...

Hurrah. You had my reader's choice vote.

Tony said...

Awesome! Hude Congratulations man!

Tony said...

And huge ones as well.

Chestertonian Rambler said...

Congratulations! You probably would've had my People's Choice vote, but life (as you know) was busy enough that I didn't have a chance to read enough of the stories to vote responsibly.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Well-earned.

dolorah said...

Congrats Loren. I haven't heard of this, but it sounds interesting.


.......dhole

Loren Eaton said...

Thank you all for your kind regards!

(Also, I apologize for the late, mass response, but I'm in the final week of an accelerated course and IT'S KILLING ME.)

Scattercat said...

Congratulations!