Tuesday, February 16, 2010
I’ve been tagged for a "Creative Writer" Blogger Award! Which means I get to lie shamelessly to you all and test your truth-detecting skills. The rules are ...
• Thank the person who gave this to you. (Gracias to Patti Abbott of pattinase.)
• Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
• Link to the person who nominated you.
• Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth - or - switch it around and tell six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie.
• Nominate seven "Creative Writers" who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
• Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
• Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
Without further ado:
1) I was born at the racetrack because my pregnant mother went into labor as she climbed the stairs into the stands.
2) An attempt to headbutt a goat as a child left me unconscious on the front lawn.
3) Stanley Kubrick (of Dr. Strangelove fame) and I attended the same college, although not at the same time.
4) I double majored in biology and literature, then went on to Johns Hopkins to get yet another undergraduate degree.
5) I was immediately smitten when I first met my wife and dumped her close friend who I happened to be dating at the time.
6) There are no literary novels on The Middle Shelf.
7) I am not the least bit perplexed as to why no one has taken me up on a free copy of Genre Wars.
In no particular order, my chosen bloggers are ...
• B. Nagel of B. Nagel
• S.D. Smith of SDSmith.net
• Nathaniel Lee of Mirrorshards
• Aerin Bender-Stone of In Search of Giants
• Phil Wade and Lars Walker of Brandywine Books
• Peter Rozovsky of Detectives Beyond Borders
• Ehren von Lehe of Von Lehe Creative
• C.N. Nevets of Nevets.QST
• Any of the fine folks at The Literary Lab
So I broke the rules by nominating ten. Shoot me. Repeatedly. With a large-caliber automatic firearm.
To the guessing!
Posted on Tuesday, February 16, 2010