Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Facebook

Over a past few weeks, a number of gracious I Saw Lightning Fall readers have sent me friend requests from Facebook. Oh, this makes my shriveled soul leap for joy! Alas, though, I've come to the conclusion that I'm spending far too much time on the Internet already and that Mark Zuckerberg's social network site would drain dry what little bit remains of my self discipline. So if I don't friend you, dear friends, it isn't out of spite; my spirit's willing, but my time-management skills are weak.

(That being said, if for some reason you have a burning to desire to follow my little life more closely, my wife and I maintain a family blog called The Eaton Update. It's invitation only, so email me at ISawLightningFall [at] gmail [dot] com if you'd like to check it out.)

(Picture: CC 2008 by
Stephen Poff)

7 comments:

Ana S. said...

Yeah, I'm staying out of Facebook too for similar reasons. I already do Twitter and that's almost more than I can handle.

Loren Eaton said...

I'm avoiding Twitter the way a caffiene addict avoids crack. It sounds really, really fun and completely consuming. I'd be absorbed in it 24/7.

B. Nagel said...

Since I sit at a computer for 40 hours a week with about 15 hours of work to do . . .

Well, you do the math.

Loren Eaton said...

I'll be the first to buy your epic novel!

ollwen said...

Man, B. . . I've been there before. It was a soul sucking time. I also developed some bad time-use habits that are still hard to shake.

I tweet about once a day, and it updates my facebook status. Otherwise I don't spend much time on either. I guess Twitter could be absorbing if you start browsing by subject, but I just keep it to a few friends.

ollwen said...

I actually originally came in here to comment on how cool the photo is for this piece. :-P

Loren Eaton said...

Yeah, I love that picture. I haven't yet read how he did it. Guess I should.